Thursday, March 26, 2009

retrieval update

Well, I'm home and recovering pretty well; some cramps, but that's about it.  I'm far less woozy than I anticipated.

The doctor reports that they got 5 eggs, which he said was 1 or 2 less than he really wanted, but that we were "still in good shape."  I feel a little disappointed about the number; I was hoping for at least 6-8 myself, given the 10 good sized follicles we had.  But hey - five good quality ones would be better than 10 mediocre ones, so let's hope these are all over-achievers.  

And now I get to spend the rest of the day on the couch watching movies.  Not too bad.

4 comments:

  1. Hi there! Five eggs sounds great - congratulations! You are so right, quality over quantity is the important thing. Sending a million positive thoughts your way for the fert. report.

    Rest up and enjoy movie day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you enjoyed the day and watched some good movies. And I agree, five sounds fantastic to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your five eggs -- that sounds great! I had my retrieval today as well, and have enjoyed some quality couch and TV time. Sending good thoughts for your fert report tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so we have now exited the fertility world with which i am familiar. what is the fertility report? when would transfer be?

    five healthy eggs is five great chances... hooray!

    do they have hubby's sperm yet?

    sorry to be clueless.

    ReplyDelete