Sunday, March 29, 2009

transfer day

Well, here we are: transfer day.

It's a Sunday, the day I get up in front of a whole group of alternately joyful and brokenhearted people, and tell them week after week - in the face of plenty of evidence otherwise - that God's steadfast love surrounds them.

It's the last Sunday in Lent, the most somber season of the church year; it's the Sunday when we draw to a close this time of reflection, of sacrifice, of considering our mortality and the fragile nature of life.  Starting next Sunday, we enter the holiest week of the year.

Right in the middle of that week, I'll have a pregnancy test.

A day of steadfast love; a day of beginning to end a sad and serious season; a day which leads into the most monumental week of all.  

Yep.  Seems about right.

4 comments:

  1. Wow. The timing of it all. Just wow.

    I realized today that Esperanza was due in December 07.

    I was due and delivered December 08.

    You might be due/ deliver? in later December 09. Do I have that right?

    I see the three of us as sisters on this journey... and I know we all get the particular grief of infertility in Advent/Christmas. May you know the Easter joy that we each got to know the past few years.

    Still praying every day. Hubby knows your names now and prays for you when it is his turn to pray.

    On what day of the holiest week will you test?

    I pray the transfer went well today and that you're resting peacefully in hope right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on completing transfer. Best wishes with the 2WW and beyond!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the transfer, I'm sending sticky thoughts to your two little embryos! I loved your last post, I hope the 2ww is treating you ok and you are keeping your patience. I am scheduled to do a pg test on Easter, and I am very hopeful that it is a good omen for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post. I've been thinking a lot about the timing of all of this, and that I'll be testing on Holy Thursday. It seems very appropriate, however it turns out!

    ReplyDelete