Friday, January 8, 2010

counting down

One week until injections start.

Yesterday, the Fe.dex guy arrived, smack on time, with my Big Box O' Drugs - always an exciting day. I meant to take the requisite picture of all the stuff and post it, but I was in a hurry to get to work and had to refrigerate a bunch of it, so no time for the photo. You can imagine it, though. I love the Big Box O' Drugs. So exciting.

We also sent the Freakishly Large Cashier's Check off to the Shared Risk people yesterday - a little scary, sending that kind of money off into the wild blue yonder, but it arrived safely and all is well. HUGE load off my mind.

It turned out to be a bit more complicated than I thought - long story short, it took visits to three separate banks, a half-hour drive up to my husband's workplace to get his signature, a panicked phone call to the Shared Risk people while standing at the teller's window because I had forgotten the one piece of paper with the "make check out to" clarification on it (of course, of course, when I brought every other freaking piece of paper in my office WHY WHY WHY did I forget the one I really needed?), and a slightly panicky drive to the Fe.dex office for overnight shipment, arriving there at 3:59pm when the overnight truck was leaving in exactly one minute...

...but the amazing piece of the day, stressful as it was, came from the fact that every single person who helped me yesterday - the delivery guy in the morning; the guy at my bank who couldn't process the check the way I wanted but helped me figure out how to do it; the woman at the bank across the street who patiently explained what I needed to do; the woman at the next bank who waived the cashier's check fee and made an exception for us, non-customers at said bank, to get this check done; the shipment guy who held the overnight truck for me while I go the package ready - every single person was enormously courteous, helpful, patient, competent, and kind. Every. Single. Person.

That is a small miracle to me. (With emphasis on the miracle, not the small.) And now, we're ready. Acupuncture appointment in an hour. Fun family visit this weekend.

And, next Friday, the Festival of Belly Poking begins. At last.

6 comments:

  1. Yay for a brand new cycle and new hope!!! It is quite amazing to have a day with so many complications and everyone treat you kindly. Those don't come along too often, maybe it's good karma for this cycle...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post. It's so hopeful and realistic all at the same time. Hooray for helpful people and "small" miracles. Hoping it's a sign for bigger miracles to come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best wishes for a successful IVF!! I will be rooting for you!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of babydust. Best of luck with this IVF. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! It's here! sending lots of prayers your way for this cycle I'm feeling very excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I spent the last few days reading your blog from end to beginning, or would that be beginning to end? I found a lot of inspiration here. Love your writing and your very thoughtful discussions. Good luck with the upcoming IVF!

    ReplyDelete