Wednesday, February 3, 2010

retrieval song

I've been humming "tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow," intermittently today. But then I caught the end of another song, one I love, on the radio, and it occurred to me that it might fit even better.

Maybe in the future
you're gonna come back
you're gonna come back around
Maybe in the future
you're gonna come back
you're gonna come back
The only way to really know
is to really let it go
maybe you're gonna come back
you're gonna come back
you're gonna come back to me

I'm excited for retrieval tomorrow. But what I like about today is that it's all still possible, that they're all still safe, all those little follicles that still might contain eggs which might fertilize correctly, which might transfer well, which might implant, which might end up in a child. Might.

But the only way to really know, is to really let them go. And hope that maybe, they're gonna come back, they're gonna come back, they're gonna come back to me.

Thanks to Ingrid Michaelson, artist extraordinaire, for the wonderful lyrics.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you! I can't wait for all of the updates! Might is a mighty word!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending lots of hope and luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck, will be thinking of you today...hope you get lots of healthy eggs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to hear how it goes! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that song. I am unreasonably excited for you for your retrieval today -- I get a little giddy on possibility myself. :) Sending prayers your way that all goes well during and after the procedure!

    ReplyDelete